Saturday, August 7, 2010

What do i say in the following cases?

1. when i've to ask someone their name for the first time


2. when someone says to me ';long time no see/long time no news';


3. when someone asks me ';how are things/how's everything at your end?';


4. when someone praises me in front of another personWhat do i say in the following cases?
1. a polite way would be ';excuse me, I am afraid I don't know your name'; or ';I'm sorry, I don't know your name'; ';What is your name please';is too direct and sounds like something a government official would ask. you would need to say ';I'm sorry, what is your name?';


2. ';it has been a long time hasn't it?'; would be good, with the emphasis on the word ';has';


3.';everything is going well';


4.'; thank you, you are very kind';
  • eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment