Saturday, August 7, 2010

How long can a custody case stay open, before it is automatically dropped?

We were served custody papers in March '09 for my step-son. We filed for dismissal of the case and it was denied. We have not heard anything since then. I am just wondering how long this case can stay open before it is automatically dropped? Or will it never be and she can keep it open forever??? We live in MD.How long can a custody case stay open, before it is automatically dropped?
Sorry for your trouble, It is my understanding that the parent can try and fight for custody until the child is 18. Just my opinion, I'm not a lawyer.How long can a custody case stay open, before it is automatically dropped?
i heard a civil case can be held for about 3 years at the most depending on the seriousness

No comments:

Post a Comment